Terms & Conditions
All terms and conditions must be agreed and accepted before registering your interest for, or booking a course.
- These terms and conditions are between Argus Europe Limited (AEL) and the Customer. They replace any previous terms and conditions of AEL and are the complete and only terms and conditions between the parties. All dealings between AEL and the Customer shall be governed by these terms and conditions, which shall prevail over any other matters.
- These terms and conditions and any Contract formed pursuant to them may be varied provided any variation is confirmed in writing by an authorised representative of AEL.
- A binding Contract will be formed when AEL accept a Customer's order for goods or services (the "Contract"). A non re-fundable deposit of 20% is to be paid for placement on a course. The balance to be paid in full prior to commencement of the course.
- A copy of these terms and conditions will be dispatched, in the case of the provision of a training course, with the booking confirmation letter sent by AEL.
- No refund shall be given should a delegate fail any course provided by AEL and AEL make no guarantee as to a delegate successfully passing any AEL course or finding employment.
- No refund shall be given if a delegate does not attend or is withdrawn during the course, the full course fee shall remain payable.
- Unless specified, Value Added Tax will not be included in any price and will be charged at the rate in force at the time of quotation.
- Risk of loss shall pass on delivery and all delivery times are estimates only.
- AEL shall not be liable to the Customer by any failure to perform AEL’s obligations under Contract if the failure is due to any cause beyond AEL’s reasonable control. AEL shall not be liable for any loss suffered by the Customer (except in respect of death or personal injury caused by AEL’s negligence) including loss of profits arising out of performance of the Contract by AEL (or its servants or agents)
- AEL reserve the right to cancel and/or amend course dates, times, contents and venues. Every effort will be made to give the Customer as much notice as possible and offer a reasonable alternative. If these are not satisfactory, AEL may refund in full the price of the course. No further compensation will be given.
- Any dispute that cannot be resolved between parties should be referred to the discretion of a sole arbitrator to be agreed between the parties or, in default of agreement, appointed at the request of either party by the president of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Arbitration shall take place in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1996.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. In the event that one or more clauses of these terms and conditions become invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
Terms of Business
Our terms of business for the Provision of Investigative, Surveillance Activities, Litigation Support Services, and Training Services can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Close Protection | Level 3
Close Protection | Level 3
With close to 40 years spent operating in the fields that we now train in we feel that we are in an excellent position to provide the next generation of operatives with specialist security skills. This industry can be extremely demanding and the training has to reflect that; we are well aware that close protection training isn’t for the faint hearted! In fact students enrolling on our close protection training courses need to match brains with brawn to prosper in the classroom, during practical assessments and in the field post-study. Our course is all about reality training, mixing practical exercises with in depth planning.
- Surveillance | Level 3
Surveillance | Level 3
Our Managing Director has carried out surveillance operations at the highest levels for many years for HMG and then carved out a successful career on the commercial circuit as have the assistant instructors. If you are coming from a Military or Police background you will need to adapt to be successful on the commercial circuit but the course is designed to replicate commercial realities. If you have never served in the armed forces or police then do not take this as a barrier to entry as it is not. Most of those that have served have never carried out any commercially relevant surveillance training themselves.
- HABC First Aid Response | Level 3
HABC First Aid Response | Level 3
The HABC Level 3 First Aid Response is a significant step up from the First Aid at Work award that is the level that all SIA Close Protection Officers should be aiming for. HABC Level 3 First Aid Response is not a basic qualification, it is qualification that introduces the responder to patient care and observations. It is the qualification accepted by community response schemes and is in use by blue light responders on 999 calls.
- Private Investigator | Level 3
Private Investigator | Level 3
Many people work across the various disciplines within the security industry and Private Investigation services is most definitely a growth area. With the economy still in bad shape many companies are looking at more and more ways to cut out their losses as well as increasing their profit, anything to make the bottom line better during these challenging times.